ALLAI gives recommendations for the upcoming Dutch AI Research Agenda
NWO (the Netherlands Organisation for Science Research) is currently drafting the Artificial Intelligence Research Agenda for the Netherlands (AIREA-NL). NWO has requested ALLAI to provide input and give recommendations for the first AIREA-NL Version for field consultation of September 2, 2019. Apart from a number of recommendations ALLAI also suggested some additional research questions (RQ).
- ALLAI recommends to stay away from the AI-race discourse
- ALLAI recommends to add to the need for collaboration between research domains
- ALLAI recommends to add a research question on the impact of AI on work: How can we make sure that AI in the workplace is usable and that the worker still has sufficient autonomy and control, fulfillment and job satisfaction?
- ALLAI recommends to add a research question on ‘human agency and oversight’: How can we ensure human agency and oversight in the development, deployment and use of AI?
- ALLAI recommends to add a research question on the environmental impact of AI: How can we make sure that AI development occurs in the most environmentally friendly way possible?
- ALLAI recommends to also add ‘human agency and oversight’ (see above) as a cross-cutting concern
- ALLAI recommends to add ‘technical robustness, accuracy and safety’ as a cross-cutting concern
- ALLAI recommends focusing research on sectors in which the Netherlands is already strong
A publication date for AIREA-NL is not determined yet.